• Step lightly from the picturesque mountains of England’s Lake District to the enduring Great Pyramid of Ancient Egypt.
Before you start your journey
• Check at the end of your garden for fairies and dragons.
• Look under flowerpots turned upside down for pebbles or stones.
• Ensure there is no container of water harboring frogspawn.
During your travels
• Find the time to visit the Library of Congress, in Washington D.C.
• Explore a ghost town in New Jersey.
• Avoid an icebound prison planet, located in a distant galaxy.
• Do not hold a conversation with brown bears.
• Do not bring home samples of tree fungus.
• Hide under the covers when things go bump in the night.
About the Book
Share with friends
Some of the short stories that make up this collection date back to the 1970s. The Great Pyramid was entered in a competition set by the UK publication Writing Magazine in 1973, where it was judged, runner-up. More recently, Ring of Ice was the third choice out of 124 entries in a completion run by Master Class, who offer exclusive online lessons.
Merry Dance is a collection of 22 illustrated short stories and 3 poems, covering a cross-section of genre, full of surprises, thought-provoking, and sometimes humorous.
Originally available online, they have been expended and revised. One story is a short 500 words, while others are up to 3300 words long. The average length is 1700 words.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the page above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."